Agricultural Water Projects

Funding for projects is based on WWDC recommendations and is appropriated by the legislature from the Water Development Accounts.  Legislative authorization is required before the WWDC can begin project work.  Applications for projects to the Water Development Program must be submitted no later than August 15th to allow review by the WWDC prior to the legislative session.  It is helpful if the applications are received prior to the deadline.

Applicants seeking Level I reconnaissance studies or Level II feasibility studies for dams and reservoirs need not be an entity of local government.  However, applicants for all other Level II feasibility studies and any Level III construction funding must be an entity of local government with taxing and/or assessment authority.  Private corporations and individuals are not eligible for assistance.  If the applicant is not such a public entity, indicate what steps have been taken to form such an entity in a cover letter for this application.

Note:  If you are seeking Level III funding for an agricultural project, this is the wrong application. You must complete the application entitled Level III Construction Funding for Agricultural Projects and provide a feasibility study with detailed cost estimates prepared by a professional engineer registered in Wyoming.


  • The person signing the application must have authority to commit the entity to a binding contract.
  • A notarized copy of a resolution supporting this application passed by the board or other governing body of the entity must be provided.*
  • A check for the $1,000.00 filing fee must accompany the application. If the application is denied, 75% of the application fee will be refunded to the applicant. At this time, the application fee cannot be processed online. Mailing instructions are given at the end of the application process.
  • A project area map (8.5” x 11” preferred) showing corporate boundaries, project location and features should be provided. Include any reports or other supporting information available.*
  • Include a copy of your bylaws and the documents which created your entity.*
  • The district must include a minimum of 2,000 water righted acres.

      *The ability to upload documents related to the above application requirements will be available at the end of this application process.